Commercial trucks are a common sight alongside passenger cars on Tennessee’s streets and highways, and it’s scary to think about the destructive power of these vehicles when something goes wrong on the road. The drivers and companies who operate heavy commercial trucks have some responsibilities to the public to make sure these trucks are both safe to operate and operated safely. When they fail to do so, they can be held responsible by the victims of the serious accidents and injuries they have caused.
If you are visiting our website today because you or a family member has been seriously hurt in a truck accident, we hope this page starts answering some of your questions. However, if you need immediate help or want to discuss your concerns in person, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced truck accident lawyers in Franklin, TN today at 615-807-7900.
What Makes Truck Accidents So Different From Passenger Car Accidents?
Accident victims face many difficulties after they are hurt, but the victims of commercial truck accidents often also have to deal with much more complicated legal claims for their injuries. Truck accident cases can be very different from passenger car cases because:
- Heavy trucks do a great deal of damage. Most commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than a typical car. When they collide with smaller vehicles, the occupants of the car are often catastrophically or fatally injured. The severity of truck accidents and the high costs of treating the serious injuries that result mean that both victims and trucking companies have more to lose.
- Trucking companies and professional drivers are involved. Car accidents generally only involve the drivers and their insurance companies. Commercial truck accidents, however, may involve professional drivers, trucking companies, their insurance companies (e.g. Progressive, Nationwide, Geico), their in-house attorneys, and more. This puts one regular person or family up against many parties who are more experienced with the legal process and have a lot on the line if the victim is successful with an accident claim.
- It becomes even more important to protect your rights after a truck accident. The companies that operate fleets of commercial trucks every day are prepared to defend themselves against claims from accident victims. The trucking company, its drivers, and its insurance company may all be willing to fight aggressively against injury claims in order to save their reputations, their careers, and their bottom line. Truck accident victims need to understand their rights and how to protect themselves to make sure that they are being treated appropriately and don’t accidentally give up their rights to compensation.
While cases involving tractor-trailer wrecks or reckless delivery vans may be much more complicated than typical car accident claims, there is a little bit of a silver lining for victims who have suffered extreme losses. In Tennessee and many other states, truckers and trucking companies also have higher insurance limits, which mean that victims may be able to receive more in damages than in a typical car accident claim.
What Kinds of Compensation Are Available to Tennessee Truck Accident Victims?
The compensation available to injured victims is usually broken down into many specific categories, which then must be “proven” during the legal process with documentation and evidence. Typically, truck accident claims include potential compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Expected future needs
- Other losses
Unfortunately, trucking companies and their insurance companies are experienced in protecting their own interests. Although many victims have rights to seek compensation under the law, they can’t rely on these companies to meet their needs and pay the true worth of their claims. This is why it is so important to have a knowledgeable and experienced representative of your own if you or a family member has been hurt in a truck wreck. Fortunately, it is easy to get skilled help on your side.
Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Nashville Law Firm Handles
At GriffithLaw, our attorneys are highly skilled legal representatives who are devoted to protecting accident victims’ rights and making sure they are treated fairly. We have handled many serious injury cases over the years, and we understand what it takes to build a strong case for our clients. John is a former insurance adjuster and understands how these companies think and what to expect from even the most difficult cases. We take on cases we really believe in, and we aim to build a personal relationship with each and every client who comes through our doors. We help victims and their families through commercial truck accident cases of all kinds, including wrecks involving:
- Semis and tractor-trailer trucks
- Shipping trucks
- Delivery trucks
- Heavy work vehicles
- Severe brain and spinal injuries
- Wrongful death
If you are unsure if you have a case, or if you’d just like to talk with us and get a better idea of what we do, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Although we may be aggressive in the courtroom on our clients’ behalf, we are homegrown local attorneys who care about what accident victims have gone through and what we can do to really help.
At GriffithLaw, we also understand how truck drivers are sometimes unfairly considered the reckless driver in an accident simply because they drive semi-trucks. We know that, in reality, truck drivers’ quick thinking and years of driving experience often minimize the damage and injuries sustained in auto accidents. Even though many truckers do their best to be cautious drivers, they can’t always know when motorists will take their eyes off the road, drive in their blind spots, or engage in other reckless behavior on the road. When truck drivers are the victims in an accident, they also deserve strong legal representation to recover from their injuries and protect themselves from unfair blame. Our Nashville truck accident lawyers are devoted to helping accident victims of all kinds navigate the legal process and protect their best interests.
Call Our Experienced Nashville Truck Accident Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
We understand how confusing and difficult life can be after a serious truck accident. Let us help you get the answers you need about your rights and what happens next. If you’re ready to start investigating your case, you can contact our Franklin law office at 615-807-7900 and schedule a completely free case review. If you prefer, you can also fill out our confidential contact form for a prompt response from our legal team.