Suffering a broken bone injury in a motorcycle accident can be a traumatic, life-changing experience. Apart from physical pain and emotional distress, there can be serious financial consequences such as medical bills, lost wages due to time off work, and ongoing medical and treatment expenses. If you have suffered a broken bone in a motorcycle accident in Tennessee, it is important to consider hiring an experienced Nashville motorcycle accident lawyer to help you navigate the legal system and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure you recover the full amount of compensation you are entitled to receive. They have the expertise and experience to handle complex legal issues related to motorcycle accidents and understand the laws and regulations surrounding them.
A skilled motorcycle accident lawyer can do the following to help with your broken bone injury claim:
- Determine liability. In a motorcycle accident, determining who is at fault can be challenging. A motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate the accident, gather evidence such as medical records and police reports, and interview witnesses to establish who was at fault. They will use this information to build a strong case for compensation.
- Calculate the value of your claim. An experienced lawyer will determine how much your claim is worth and fight to ensure you get the total amount of compensation allowed by law.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance adjusters may try to convince you to settle for less than what your claim is worth or deny your claim altogether. A motorcycle accident lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Represent you in court. If the insurance company does not settle your claim, your case may go to trial. A motorcycle accident lawyer can represent you in court and present a compelling case to the judge and jury.
Types of Broken Bones and Why They May Be Serious
Due to the lack of protection for the rider, motorcycle accidents are much more likely than a car to result in broken bones. Broken bones, also known as fractures, can range from minor to severe, depending on the type and location of the fracture. Some broken bones are closed fractures meaning they do not break the skin and cause an open wound, while others are open fractures, where the bone penetrates the skin and causes an open wound.
Broken bones can range in severity and may consist of the following types:
- Hairline fracture. A hairline fracture is a small crack in the bone that is often difficult to detect.
- Compound fracture. This type of fracture is where the bone protrudes through the skin.
- Comminuted fracture. A comminuted fracture is where the bone is broken into several pieces.
- Displaced fracture. A displaced fracture is where the bone is displaced from its normal position.
Common types of motorcycle-related broken bones include:
- Skull fractures
- Collarbone fracture
- Facial fractures
- Rib fractures
- Pelvic fractures
- Leg or arm fractures
- Hip fractures
- Toe or finger fractures
Broken bones can be serious because they can cause chronic pain and discomfort, permanent nerve damage, reduced mobility and function, and may require ongoing medical treatment. Any type of broken bone injury can be serious and require medical attention. If you have been in a motorcycle accident and suspect a broken bone, seek immediate medical attention.
Why Pursue a Claim?
If you suffered a broken bone in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, pursuing a claim can help you recover compensation for damages. The damages you may be able to recover will depend on the severity of your injury and the impact it has on your life.
Some possible damages for a motorcycle broken bone injury include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage